Menu Close
Ask questions, read the answers – stay informed.
Answered Closed
0
0
What is paralytic shellfish poisoning?
  • You must to post comments
Best Answer
0
0

Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) is a disease caused by eating shellfish containing paralytic shellfish toxins.

Paralytic shellfish toxins are produced by some naturally occurring algae.*

Algae are consumed by shellfish including mussels, oysters, clams, pipis, scallops, abalone, rock lobster and crab. The toxins build up in their flesh or organs and can be dangerous to humans when eaten.

  • You must to post comments
Showing 1 result